11 Oct The Touch of Luxury: Bathrooms
The previous article talked about the things to consider in planning your luxury bedroom. For this article, we will show you how you can add a touch of luxury in your bathroom.
Add a touch of luxury in your bathrooms
The bathroom is usually designed based on functionality. By adding a touch of luxury, it can be a place you will want to spend more time in to not only clean, but also pamper. Below are some suggestions and ideas you can implement into your bathroom design.
Choosing your colour scheme is a great place to start. Choosing the colour first will help you determine which fixtures and furnishings are suitable for your bathroom. Here are some of the tiles recommended for a luxurious look:
- Black and white checker tile flooring– The checkerboard tile is very versatile. It can be used in most bathrooms and offers a retro look that matches well with most colour schemes, making it a great foundation for the room.
- White tiles with streaks of grey colour – Marble is the quintessential material for any luxury bathroom, but it can be expensive. A good substitute is white tiles with a splash of grey. These are able to capture the look of natural marble without the high price tag.
- Beige tiles with streaks of white – The bathroom should be a place you can relax. One way to do this is to incorporate a natural design by using beige tiles. The colour gives off a natural vibe, particularly if you match it with green or brown walls.
- Piano black tiles – Black coloured tiles can give your bathroom a sleek and modern look. Piano black is the recommended colour as it gives your floor and walls a subtle glow.
Your lighting fixtures don’t have to be just for functionality. While the light should illuminate the room sufficiently for things like applying makeup and shaving, they can also be a decorative piece. Some fixtures that offer beauty without sacrificing practicality include:
- Vanity light fixture – Vanity lights are wall mounted fixtures. They are suited for small to medium sized bathrooms and are typically placed around the bathroom mirror. Larger rooms require other sources of light in order to provide an adequate amount of brightness.
- Hanging light fixture – Hanging light fixtures can light the whole room to offer even illumination. One luxury option is a chandelier.
Furniture and decorations
The bathroom is one of the best places to add a touch of luxury. One way is through the furnishings, including:
- Hot tub with bubble jets – No luxury bathroom is complete without a spa bath. Although expensive, you can find second hand spa baths in good condition or more affordable pieces by going straight to the dealer.
- Flowers and stones – When you think of a day spa, most people imagine lilies in vases and smooth stones in bowls. Bring the day spa to you by adding little decorative extras throughout your bathroom.
- Heated toilet seat – Having to sit down on a cold toilet seat is something many homeowners have to deal with. A heated toilet seat can stop it from ever happening again! Heated toilet seats are a must for a luxury bathroom.
In the next article, we will show you how to add a touch of luxury in your kitchen.